Eleanor of Aquitane is the origin of courtly love. Courts of Love, troubadours and de Troyes bore her influence.
Philosopher Fromm presents love as a skill that can be learnt/nurtured, not unlike entrepreneurship.
Ideally, I (entrepreneur) feel towards you (idea):
- intense desire/attraction;
- full dedication without (material) expectations in return;
- no sense of rigid ownership;
- love for what you’re now – support in your desire to grow;
- need to constantly communicate/interact;
- your right to go your way with my love/support still with you, despite me/my feelings;
- joy for moments shared together.
Love is the highest feeling humans can attain.
2 thoughts on “7 things entrepreneurs can learn from art of loving”
Interesting, but I can’t agree with point 2 “full dedication without (material) expectations in return” – to me it sounds totally non applicable in entrepreneurship/business, the idea of business being basically calculation for greater return!:)
On the other hand bearing in mind that Fromm was a neofreudist, it is absolutely justified to view entrepreneurship (but not only it ) as a form of sublimation.
Thanks for the feedback!!
Entreperneurship is all about you turning your passion into a business enterprise, and while having fun while working, the ideal consequence is that of making money! If you focus on money from the beginning, it will never come.